The five-bedroom MacRae showhome will officially open on Saturday 19 August
The five-bedroom MacRae house type will take centre stage when it launches on Saturday 19 August, with potential buyers encouraged to explore its stylish décor and experience the attractive views the development has to offer.
Not only will guests be able to take a tour of the new showhome – which has been expertly dressed by Eileen Kesson of Envision Interiors – but they will also have the opportunity to discuss floorplans, specifications and timescales with the Cala team, whilst enjoying some refreshments.
The showhome has been staged with sustainability in mind, with Stirling-based designer Eileen carefully hand-picking items from local businesses to feature throughout, while repurposing pieces of furniture which have been previously featured in Cala showhomes.
She said: “Linlithgow is home to a wealth of exciting local suppliers and artisans, so we were spoilt for choice when looking to include them in the showhome. Not only does it give Cala a chance to showcase local businesses, but it gives visitors a real understanding of the local community and the lifestyle which can be enjoyed here.
“A move to a new house is also a move for the family furniture, so we chose to repurpose Cala’s previous showhome stock as a reflection of that. By rethinking and updating the decoration around some of the big-ticket items, they have been given a totally different look which really compliments the house style.”
“The showhome itself has been designed with a warm, rich palette with deep navy accents and stone as a nod to Linlithgow’s historical past and its links to Edinburgh’s buzzing urban environment. We have used the leafy location of the Preston Glade development as inspiration behind some of the design elements too, such as in the dining room which features a beautiful textured leaf design.”
Spanning across two floors, the MacRae provides the perfect space for growing families and those looking to upsize alike.
On the ground floor, buyers will discover a spacious lounge, separate dining room and study, as well as a large kitchen and family living area at the rear - complete with designer kitchen, integrated appliances and bi-folding doors which open out onto a stunning patio area and private garden.
The first floor features an impressive main bedroom with its own spacious dressing area and en-suite shower room, a second bedroom also with an en-suite, three more good-sized bedrooms and a spacious family bathroom.
There is plenty of storage throughout, with a separate utility room and cloakroom on the ground floor, as well as a spacious detached double garage.
Philip Hogg, Sales and Marketing Director at Cala Homes (East) said: “Our new MacRae showhome has been beautifully finished and gives potential homebuyers a real sense of what life at Preston Glade could look like. With landscaped pathways providing a convenient connection to the canal tow path and town centre, you can enjoy open countryside views whilst being within walking distance of the popular restaurants, bars and local amenities Linlithgow has to offer.
“To appreciate the development views and experience the excellent interior design, this showhome is one best experienced first-hand. Anyone interested in exploring the new MacRae showhome at Preston Glade should come along to our launch event this weekend – it isn’t one to be missed.”
Located just off the town’s Deanburn Road, Preston Glade is a collection of four- and five-bedroom detached homes positioned on the southern edge of Linlithgow and bordered by the Union Canal.
The development has a range of outstanding amenities and schools on its doorstep, as well as excellent commuter links to Edinburgh, Glasgow and beyond with the M9 motorway close by and Linlithgow railway station just over a mile away.
Current prices at Preston Glade start at £635,000 for a five-bedroomed home, with Part Exchange available on homes for a move this year.
For more information, and to explore a wider range of incentives designed to make your move as easy as possible, go to: www.cala.co.uk/homes-for-sale/scotland/west-lothian/preston-glade-linlithgow or call 01506 248 288 to register your interest.
Notes to Editor - Cala Group (Cala Homes and Legal & General Homes)
· Cala Group is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Cotswolds and Scotland.
· Cala started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market.
· Today, Cala Group is a subsidiary of Legal & General and comprises the Cala Homes and Legal & General Homes brands.
· Cala Group employs over 1,300 people across 10 offices and has around 75 live developments at any time.
· Cala was awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2023*, for the sixth year running. The independent survey found that 95% of our customers would recommend Cala to a friend.
· In 2022 Cala Group sold 3,027 homes, resulting in a turnover of £1.3bn and profit before tax (before exceptional items and revaluations) of £169m.
· Cala is proud have Samaritans as its national charity partner. Cala’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip Cala’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
· Cala has made a commitment to help fight the effects of climate change on the planet by:
· Building homes that are operationally net zero carbon enabled before 2030.
· Reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Scottish Government’s 2045 target and ahead of UK Government’s 2050 target.