Leading property developer, Cala Homes (East) supported the local community of Currie Edinburgh by organising a litter pick alongside Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Scottish SPCA).
Litter was collected along the Water of Leith pathway by the group and rescue dog, Breagha, who was a key part of the clean-up team.
Philip Hogg, Sales and Marketing Director Cala Homes (East), said: “Looking after the communities that we build in is a crucial part of our business and we are so grateful to all those who took part. The team were stopped by locals who commented that it was fantastic to be looking after the area and ensuring that it is a safe and clean environment for everyone to enjoy.”
As part of Cala’s involvement with the Scottish SPCA and their ‘Take a Walk on the Wild Side’ campaign, the woodland clean-up was part of an initiative to help increase knowledge of the local community and awareness of the wildlife which reside there.
Natasha MacKinnon, Head of Fundraising at the Scottish SPCA, said: “Activities like the woodland clear benefit people and animals in local communities by raising awareness of how we can all take better care of wildlife and their habitats.
“This event is the latest in our ongoing work with Cala to educate local communities on the wild animals and environments around them.”
Notes to Editor - Cala Homes
- Cala Homes is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high-quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- Cala started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market.
- Today, Cala Homes is part of Cala Group, a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group.
- Cala Group employs 1,200 people across 9 offices and has c.75 live developments at any time.
- Cala was awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2021, for the fourth year running. The independent survey found that more than 95% of our customers would recommend Cala to a friend.
- In Cala’s preliminary results for the twelve months to 31 December 2021, home completions totalled 2,904, resulting in turnover of £1.25bn and pre-tax profit over £130m.
- Cala is proud have Samaritans as its national charity partner. Cala’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip Cala’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues
- As part of Cala’s Five Year Plan, ‘Sustainability’ is one of its six strategic pillars, with a commitment to help fight the effects of climate change on the planet by:
- Building homes that are operationally net zero carbon by 2030
- Reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Scottish Government’s 2045 target and ahead of UK Government’s 2050 target.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk