CALA Homes (West) releases first look at historic restoration ahead of sales launch
Award-winning homebuilder, CALA Homes (West), is preparing to launch its most luxurious apartments to date at Jordanhill Park – by giving a glimpse of what buyers can expect from the hotly-anticipated new collection.
The first homes within the prestigious David Stow Collection are set to be released for sale within the coming month – and will showcase the sympathetic restoration of Glasgow’s much-loved former teaching college.
A stalwart of the Glasgow skyline, which is in its centenary year, the Class-B Listed building is set to become home to 64 meticulously designed apartments at the heart of CALA Homes’ flagship development.
Nestled among acres of lush green space, on completion, The David Stow Collection will offer a selection of one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments. The first phase will see 18 apartments released for sale, giving potential buyers the unique opportunity to make their home in one of Glasgow’s most iconic historic buildings, within one of the city’s most sought-after neighbourhoods.
Potential buyers will have the opportunity to visit the two-bedroom show apartment within the David Stow to get a flavour of what life could be like within the iconic building.
Within the carefully preserved red sandstone building, each individually designed apartment retains key period features, including ceiling heights of up to 3.8 metres and crittall-style windows to ensure homes that are not only flooded with light, but also offer outstanding views of the surrounding parkland and the city beyond.
And the team at Jordanhill Park is expecting the apartments to attract plenty of attention from buyers eager to secure a piece of history with a contemporary twist.
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director from CALA Homes (West), said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to be counting down the final weeks ahead of launching The David Stow Collection. The restoration work so far has been a labour of love for the team, and we’re very excited to finally invite potential buyers in to see the results, and what is on offer.
“The collection truly offers the best of both worlds on a number of fronts. Firstly, the spectacular outdoor setting and equally stunning interior features strike the perfect balance. On top of this, buyers can enjoy the period features that come with a property housed within an historic building yet featuring the specification and quality of a new build home. Add to that the abundance of parkland on the doorstep whilst being just a stone’s throw from the West End and the city beyond, and you have a truly outstanding proposition.
“It will be unsurprising to hear that we’ve received a lot of enquiries from people eager to avoid the bidding wars of the second-hand home market, keen to know exactly when the properties will become available to reserve, so we’re anticipating a great deal of interest when we launch in the coming weeks. I would encourage anyone who hasn’t already, to register with us for updates and get ready to make an appointment to see the stunning show apartment when it opens.”
Each apartment within The David Stow Collection will feature sleek, German-crafted kitchens by Nolte featuring Silestone worktops and integrated Siemens appliances; contemporary bathrooms with Duravit sanitaryware, stylish towel warmers and fitted mirrors; and allocated parking, video entry and secure private storage space.
For more information, visit www.cala.co.uk and search for Jordanhill Park.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
- CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
- CALA Homes and its sister company, Legal & General Homes, are subsidiaries of Legal & General Capital (LGC), the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group.
- In the 18 months to December 2019, CALA sold over 2,400 homes and announced profit before tax of £96.2m and revenues of £1,002.2m.
- CALA Group employs more than 1,000 people across 10 offices and more than 75 developments.
- CALA has been awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2020. On average over the past 11 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards. In 2020, CALA was awarded Housebuilder of the Year at the Scottish Home Awards.
- CALA is proud to have Samaritans as its national charity partner. CALA’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip CALA’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues
- For further information visit cala.co.uk