Families in Linlithgow have faced their fears and braved ghosts, ghouls and monsters to raise funds for a local primary school.
Parents and volunteers from Linlithgow Primary School transformed Shoemakers Lane into terrifying trail of cobwebs, skeletons and mystical creatures for the town’s annual Spooky Lane on Saturday 28 October, 2023.
Sponsored by homebuilders Cala Homes (East), the family-friendly Halloween trail and disco raised £2,318.73 for the school community.
Marianne Craig, parent and Linlithgow Spooky Lane organiser, said: “This year’s Spooky Lane was huge success, raising an incredible amount of money for Linlithgow Primary School.
“After putting it to a vote, the parent, teachers and pupils have decided the money will go towards class trips and enhancing the overall experience of pupils at the primary school.
“Without Cala’s support, the Spooky Lane wouldn’t be the success it is. Their funding has enabled us to buy lights, upgrade decorations and include refreshments the night.
“The feedback from everyone involved was wonderful, from our fantastic volunteers to the brave families that took on the trail. It really is events like this which make Linlithgow a great place to live.”
Phillip Hogg, Sales and Marketing Director for Cala Homes (East), added: “We love to be able to help and support the communities in which we build, so we were delighted to once again lend a helping hand to the Linlithgow Spooky Lane.
“Last year, our donation meant every child at Linlithgow Primary School could attend, and this year we were thrilled to fund brand-new decorations and lighting to ensure everyone coming along could enjoy the event in a safe, fun way.”
Providing sponsorship to the Linlithgow Spooky Lane is one of the key elements of Cala’s brand-new Preston Glade Community Pledge - a bespoke package of activities designed to address the needs of the area in a meaningful way.
Notes to Editor - Cala Group (Cala Homes and Legal & General Homes)
- Cala Group is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Cotswolds and Scotland.
- Cala started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market.
- Today, Cala Group is a subsidiary of Legal & General and comprises the Cala Homes and Legal & General Homes brands.
- Cala Group employs over 1,300 people across 10 offices and has around 75 live developments at any time.
- Cala was awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2023*, for the sixth year running. The independent survey found that 95% of our customers would recommend Cala to a friend.
- In 2022 Cala Group sold 3,027 homes, resulting in a turnover of £1.3bn and profit before tax (before exceptional items and revaluations) of £169m.
- Cala is proud have Samaritans as its national charity partner. Cala’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip Cala’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
- Cala has made a commitment to help fight the effects of climate change on the planet by:
- Building homes that are operationally net zero carbon enabled before 2030.
- Reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Scottish Government’s 2045 target and ahead of UK Government’s 2050 target.