Award-winning homebuilder, Cala Homes (East) has launched two brand-new Capital showhomes, designed by BLOCC interiors, within their perfectly situated Edinburgh development Cammo Meadows.
With 23 acres of greenery on the development itself, and with connections to the nearby 80 acre Cammo Estate, homebuyers with Cala at Cammo Meadows can discover various styles of apartments and houses; there really is something for everyone, and all within a green haven, with excellent transport links to the city centre.
The Capital Homes in particular offer a real contemporary twist on a classic Edinburgh architectural style which was originally introduced in the 19th century. With outlooks to the green estate, two newly launched showhomes (opening 18th June) showcase both Capital Home styles available at Cammo Meadows; namely their Capital Garden Home which can be found on the ground floor, and their Capital Duplex Home which spans two floors above. Both are best seen to really discover what makes them so special.
Boasting a private terrace and a truly unique layout, the Capital Duplex design is the perfect home for those seeking something pretty special.
After ascending your external staircase to access a spacious porch and main door front door, you enter the property on the first level, which boasts two double bedrooms and a flexible third room – currently dressed as a study to fully embrace those working from home.
The living and kitchen area, and connecting external terrace, takes the highest position within the Duplex on the upper level, giving this impressive social space views across the green space development, with the bedrooms located on the more private lower floor.
Inspired by the trends predicted for 2023, the interior of the Duplex showhome has been designed using white ivory and taupe with greys and beiges emphasising the warm, earthy tones such as mustard and burnt orange which have been added to create further depth.
The upper level in particular is set to wow – it opens out into a showcase open plan lounge and kitchen with connecting terrace, which is cleverly zoned into living and dining areas by the dark grey and angular corner sofa.
The three-bedroom Capital Garden showhome – a ground floor level 3 bedroom home with private garden – has been designed with downsizers and families in mind, along with buyers who prefer one-level living with easy access to the great outdoors.
Inspired by rich tones, the Capital Garden showhome presents warm taupe and plush beiges accented by emerald, gold, and black throughout, with a statement silk-effect emerald and gold palm tree wallpaper drawing your eye from room to room.
A large hallway offers further flexibility and creates the option for another work from home area, relaxation spot or additional storage.
Full-length windows and curtains highlight the incredible space and boutique-look, while perfectly framing the greenery and landscape that surrounds the home.
Suzanne Thomas, Creative Sales Director at BLOCC Interiors, said: “Emphasising the natural surroundings of this development and highlighting the sheer volume of greenery and open spaces were key to the interior design of the Capital showhomes.
‘Also, the predicted trends for 2023 such as colour blocking and pairing crisp, neutral colours with warm, earthy tones such as mustard and burnt orange, has been crucial in highlighting the light and space available within these ‘best of both worlds’ properties.”
Phillip Hogg, Sales and Marketing Director for Cala Homes (East), said: “Cammo Meadows is a fantastic development, with great links to the hustle and bustle of the city centre, and the incredible Cammo Estate on your doorstep, which is ideal for dog owners, families and those who love to experience the great outdoors by bike or foot.
“The launch of the Capital showhomes is an exciting phase in this community, and we are thrilled to be able to showcase our modern interpretation of these traditional Edinburgh-style homes, each of which has its own outdoor space, which is a sought-after commodity – especially since the pandemic.
“I would encourage anyone who is considering one of these properties to come along and experience the space and quality of living available at Cammo Meadows.”
The Capital showhomes will be open for viewings, with no appointment needed, on Saturday 18th June & Sunday 19th June, and will be available to view by appointment therein.
To book your appointment or for more information, please call 0131 516 4399 or visit www.cala.co.uk/homes-for-sale/scotland/edinburgh/cammo-meadows/
Cala Homes (East) have also recently launched two detached showhomes at their popular Mansfield Lea development in East Calder.
The semi-rural development comprises of a selection of two- to five-bedroom houses and offers easy access to Almondell and Calderwood Country Park along with convenient transport links to Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, and Livingston.
To book your appointment or for more information, please call 01506 667 172 or visit www.cala.co.uk/homes-for-sale/scotland/west-lothian/mansefield-lea-east-calder/location/
Notes to Editor - Cala Homes
- Cala Homes is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high-quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- Cala started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market.
- Today, Cala Homes is part of Cala Group, a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group.
- Cala Group employs 1,200 people across 9 offices and has c.75 live developments at any time.
- Cala was awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2021, for the fourth year running. The independent survey found that more than 95% of our customers would recommend Cala to a friend.
- In Cala’s preliminary results for the twelve months to 31 December 2021, home completions totalled 2,904, resulting in turnover of £1.25bn and pre-tax profit over £130m.
- Cala is proud have Samaritans as its national charity partner. Cala’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip Cala’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues
- As part of Cala’s Five Year Plan, ‘Sustainability’ is one of its six strategic pillars, with a commitment to help fight the effects of climate change on the planet by:
- Building homes that are operationally net zero carbon by 2030
- Reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Scottish Government’s 2045 target and ahead of UK Government’s 2050 target.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk