Homebuyers in Glasgow can now set foot inside the transformed first phase of one of Glasgow’s most iconic buildings – the David Stow.
The much-loved former teaching college, which is celebrating its centenary year, is being given a new lease of life by award-winning homebuilder, CALA Homes (West), with the first in its exclusive collection of luxury apartments now available for reservation.
CALA’s most impressive apartments to date in the West of Scotland, the David Stow Collection, showcase the sympathetic restoration of the Class-B listed building which sits at the heart of the homebuilder’s prestigious Jordanhill Park development.
Potential buyers can now step into the historic building to view the stunning two-bedroom show apartment and get a taste of the luxury lifestyle on offer within the historic building, nestled among acres of lush green parkland.
The David Stow Collection will offer 64 meticulously designed one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments, giving buyers the unique opportunity live in one of the city’s most iconic historic buildings, within one of its most sought-after neighbourhoods.
Within the carefully preserved red sandstone building, each individually designed apartment retains key period features, including ceiling heights of up to 3.8 metres and crittall-style windows creating homes are not only flooded with light, but also offer outstanding views of the surrounding parkland and the city beyond.
And the team at Jordanhill Park is already seeing the diary fill up with appointments from potential buyers eager to get a taste of what life could be like at the David Stow Collection.
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director from CALA Homes (West), said: “To say we’re delighted to finally launch the first phase of The David Stow Collection to the public is an understatement. We’ve been building up to this for a number of years, with the teams working hard on a sympathetic restoration of one of Glasgow’s most stunning buildings – giving it a brand-new lease of life.
“It brings together the best in stunning period features and contemporary, high specification finishes, all set within one of the most spectacular outdoor settings Glasgow has to offer. And with the West End just a stone’s throw away, the collection really has it all when it comes to location.
“With the second-hand home market still very much home to aggressive bidding wars, we feel like this launch is perfectly timed for those looking to reserve an outstanding property in a fantastic location without the stress. We’ve been inundated with requests for appointments, so I would encourage anyone interested who hasn’t already been in touch to speak to the team as soon as possible.”
Each apartment within The David Stow Collection will boast sleek, German-crafted kitchens by Nolte featuring Silestone worktops and integrated Siemens appliances; contemporary bathrooms with Duravit sanitaryware, stylish towel warmers and fitted mirrors; and allocated parking, video entry and secure private storage space.
For more information, visit www.cala.co.uk and search for Jordanhill Park.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
- CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
- CALA Homes and its sister company, Legal & General Homes, are subsidiaries of Legal & General Capital (LGC), the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group.
- In the 18 months to December 2019, CALA sold over 2,400 homes and announced profit before tax of £96.2m and revenues of £1,002.2m.
- CALA Group employs more than 1,000 people across 10 offices and more than 75 developments.
- CALA has been awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2020. On average over the past 11 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards. In 2020, CALA was awarded Housebuilder of the Year at the Scottish Home Awards.
- CALA is proud to have Samaritans as its national charity partner. CALA’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip CALA’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues
- For further information visit cala.co.uk