Search is on for small independent retailers to champion with new initiative
Cala Homes (North) has launched a new initiative to encourage the support of local businesses around its development in Rosemount, Aberdeen, as part of a new first-of-its-kind campaign.
‘Showhome of Support’ will see the major homebuilder working in partnership with small independent retailers and creators, by giving them a platform to showcase products, produce and designs.
Cala is set to source ten small businesses from the community in Aberdeen and purchase items to help furnish the upcoming show apartment at its TwentyFour, Rosemount development.
The show apartment will launch in early autumn and is being designed by Haus Interiors.
This will be the first showhome of its kind in the region and the homebuilder is expected to roll the initiative out across several new showhomes thereafter.
All local businesses who feature will be signposted throughout the property and support will also be given on the housebuilder’s website with a bespoke landing page as the developer looks to showcase local talent.
Cala is encouraging any independent business owners and retailers, as well as local artisans, in Aberdeen to submit their applications via www.cala.co.uk/homes-for-sale/scotland/aberdeen/twentyfour-rosemount/showhome-of-support/.
Fraser Carr, Sales and Marketing Director at Cala Homes (North) said: “This is a brand new, first of its kind initiative and we are incredibly excited to be rolling it out in Aberdeen. We are passionate about building communities, not just homes, and Showhome of Support is designed to help give a platform to some of the amazing independent retailers and local talent we have on our high streets.
“TwentyFour, Rosemount is the perfect development to launch this initiative with as it benefits from so many fantastic independent shops right on its doorstep.
“So many small businesses have been hit by the pandemic, so we want to offer them an extra opportunity to reach new homebuyers moving to the area. By working in partnership with local businesses and creators in the community, we will be bringing a real unique flavour of what Aberdeen has to offer.
“It’s important to us that we truly convey the live local, shop local, support local message, so if you’re an independent retailer or creator in proximity to our TwentyFour, Rosemount development, we can’t wait to hear from you.”
Cala is looking to hear from a whole variety of independent retailers who would like to be considered for a Showhome of Support commission including gift shops, garden centres, fashion boutiques, florists, bookshops, art stores, bakeries, interiors, framers, food and drink suppliers and furniture makers.
Felicity Stevens, Director of Haus Interiors, said: “The show apartment at TwentyFour, Rosemount will use bold colours to create a warm and opulent home. There will be lots of black and gold detailing as well as teal, nude and shades of green as the main accent colours.
“We’re looking for the finishing touches for the apartment such as bespoke artwork and accessories, and we can’t wait to see which businesses come forward to get involved.”
For more information on Cala’s Showhome of Support please visit cala.co.uk/showhomeofsupport.
Notes to Editor – Cala Homes
- Cala Homes, part of the Cala Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- Cala started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market.
- Cala Homes and its sister company, Legal & General Homes, are subsidiaries of Legal & General Capital, the early-stage investment arm of Legal & General Group.
- In 2021 Cala Group sold 2,094 homes, resulting in a turnover of £1.24bn and profit before tax (before exceptional items and revaluations) of £132m.
- Cala Group employs over 1,200 people across 9 offices and has 75 live developments at any time.
- Cala was awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2021, for the fifth year running. The independent survey found that 95% of our customers would recommend Cala to a friend.
- In 2019, Cala was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards. In 2020, Cala was awarded Housebuilder of the Year at the Scottish Home Awards.
- Cala is proud to have Samaritans as its national charity partner. Cala’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip Cala’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
- Cala has made a commitment to help fight the effects of climate change on the planet by:
- Building homes that are operationally net zero carbon enabled by 2030
- Reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Scottish Government’s 2045 target and ahead of UK Government’s 2050 target
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk